You can substitute the quinoa flakes with the following:
Get some raw quinoa and roast slightly in a pan for few minutes until slightly golden.
Then grind them in your blender. Now you have quinoa flour/grounded quinoa to use in your recipe.
For this “Raw Chocolate-Almond Butter Cups” you will need 3 tbsps.
1 cup raw almonds, ground
2 tbsps raw almond butter
2 tbsps coconut oil
3 tbsps quinoa flakes, ground
2 tbsps raw honey
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp fine Himalayan salt (or seasalt)
1 cup raw cacao powder
½ cup coconut oil, melted
½ tsp vanilla extract
- Whisk cacao powder into coconut oil in double boiler until smooth.
- Turn off heat and add salt and vanilla extract. Set aside in bowl.
- Grind almonds and quinoa flakes in food processor and add to bowl.
- Add coconut oil, raw honey, vanilla extract, and salt.
- Combine well with spoon until thick paste forms.
- Line small muffin tray with paper cups.
- Drizzle one tablespoon chocolate into the bottom of each liner then freeze for 15 minutes or until firm.
- Remove from freezer and top with one teaspoon almond mixture then another tablespoon of chocolate.
- Return to freezer after 20–30 minutes or until mixture is firm.
- Serve immediately or store in refrigerator.